To print or download the bulletin, click date link below. When finished, click on the back arrow on the top left of your screen to return to the Church of God site.
December 5, 2021
Second Sunday of Advent
The Words of Welcome
Items in the Life of the Church (Please sign the attendance pad)
The Call to Worship #166
* The Opening Hymn #192
“Angels from the Realms of Glory”
* The Prayer of Invocation
The Advent Reading
The Advent Hymn #190
“Angels We Have Heard on High”
The Ministry of Music
The Mission Moment
The Sharing of Joys and Concerns
* The Prayer Hymn #168
“It Came upon the Midnight Clear”
* The Time of Prayer
The Scripture Lesson Luke 1:5-33
The Morning Message
Have You Seen Any Angels Lately?
* The Closing Hymn #181
“Go, Tell It on the Mountain”
* The Benediction
* The Postlude
* Please stand, if you are able
James L. Monticue – Senior Pastor (814-926-4428)
Vince Show – Director of Children’s Ministries (814-926-2386)
Carey Beth King – Secretary (814-233-0053)
Our Thanks to the following for their services today
Downstairs Nursery Hillary Whaley
Jr. Church Helper (8:15 Service) Kurt Miller
Jr. Church Helper (10:30 Service) Joanna King
Sunday, December 5, 2021
9:30 a.m. – Sunday School Elections in Sanctuary
11:30 a.m. – Children’s Christmas Program Practice – Please look over lines with your child and come ready to run through the play.
11:30 a.m. – Missionary Prayer Session in Library
Monday, December 6, 2021
8:00 a.m. – Walk Fit Exercise
7:30 p.m. – Pastoral Selection Committee Meeting at FC
Tuesday, December 7, 2021
10:00 a.m. – “Hidden Christmas” Bible Study in Library
Wednesday, December 8, 2021
8:00 a.m. – Walk Fit Exercise
7:00 p.m. – Midweek Services
Friday, December 10, 2021
8:00 a.m. – Walk Fit Exercise
Sunday, December 12, 2021
11:30 a.m. – Children’s Christmas Program Practice & Lunch
Offerings needed weekly to balance our budget – $5,599.37
Offerings received last Sunday – $12,347.11
Last Sunday’s Attendance
Last Sunday’s SS Attendance – 66
The Helping Hands Prayer needs for December are the Helping Hands Prayer Needs list. Copies can be found on table in front of Mission/Helping Hands board in vestibule.
Focused Prayer Needs – Incoming Staff, Emily Brougher, Doug Miller
We have a wonderful opportunity again to minister to children in our area through an After-School Good News Club at Rockwood Elementary! This outreach is conducted in partnership with Child Evangelism Fellowship of Fayette-Somerset Counties. Our Church will provide a team of individuals, the financial & prayer support and follow-up for the children. This is a great opportunity to share the Gospel with boys and girls in our neighboring community.
The Club is held January – April, right after school, on regular dismissal days. The club meets on Thursdays from 3:00 p.m. – 4:30 pm. Volunteer time commitment would be from 2:30 p.m.— 4:45 p.m. You can be a part of reaching children in our area with the Gospel! Volunteers, prayer support and snack offering are needed. A donation can for snacks is in the vestibule. An estimate of $200 needs to be raised.
The following are ways you can be involved:
Donate Snack Offering
*Please sign the Good News Club sheet on the table in the vestibule if you are willing to help in any way. Clearances are required to help with Club. If you have questions, please contact Hillary Whaley (814-352-3081) or Connie Pletcher (814-926-2034).
Would you like to help with our A/V ministry? There is a sign-up sheet in the hallway for anyone willing to help from January through April. We need people to run the computer, soundboard, or cameras for both morning worship services. Just mark the box on the sign-up sheet for any part of the A/V ministry with which you are willing to help. (If needed, training will be provided.) Please list Sundays you can’t serve in the “Scheduling Requests” box. There is also a box to mark if you want to be removed from the A/V schedule. If you are currently helping with our A/V ministry and don’t want anything changed, you don’t need to sign up again unless you need to list Sundays you can’t serve. Any questions? See Pastor Vince or Jonathan Pletcher. Last day to sign up is December 19.
The pastoral selection committee will be meeting at 7:30 p.m. on December 6th at the Fellowship Center. We will be discussing the Pastoral Profile that will be given to the conference and shared with potential Pastor Candidates.
Anyone wishing to participate is more than welcome to attend.
The Children’s Christmas Program will have practice after late service on Dec 5th, 12th, and 19th. There will be a lunch provided on the 12th. All others will begin directly after church. The program itself will be held on Dec 19th at 6:00 p.m.
Please join us on Sunday evening, Dec 19th at 6:00 p.m. for the Children’s Christmas Program. The children will be presenting A Charlie Brown’s Christmas. You won’t want to miss it!
A Note of Thanks…
Thank you for your prayers, cards and well wishes during my illness. Continued prayers are much appreciated. You are a wonderful church family and I miss you all.
In Christian Love.
* There is an unstaffed nursery for babies located on the same floor as the sanctuary that may be used at any time.
* For the 10:30 Worship Service, we have a staffed nursery downstairs in room 1 for children up through the age of 3.
* Feel free to use the downstairs nursery even if it is not staffed.
* Both nurseries have a closed circuit TV through which you can watch the worship service.
Jr. Church (8:15 & 10:30 Worship Services)
* We offer a Jr. Church program during both morning worship services downstairs in the social room for children age 3 up to and including 6th grade.
Should my 3 year-old be in the nursery or Jr. Church?
* If your child is going to turn 4 before September 1st, your child should be in Jr. Church.
* If your child is going to turn 4 on or after September 1st, your child should be in the nursery until the first Sunday in September of this year.
* If you would like your 3 year-old to be in Jr. Church before he/she is supposed to be in Jr. Church, then you need to stay with your child during Jr. Church each Sunday until a leader says it is okay to leave.
Sunday School (9:30)
* We have classes for children (beginning when they are old enough to walk), youth, and adults. If your child is not old enough to walk, feel free to take him/her with you to your class. For more info, please see either the Sunday School brochure or the Welcome Packet. They are located in the pew rack and on a table in the hallway.
Want to know more about our church?
* There are folders with more info about our church in the racks of each pew. Please take one home with you and check it out.