To print or download the bulletin, click date link below. When finished, click on the back arrow on the top left of your screen to return to the Church of God site.
July 14, 2019
The Words of Welcome
Items in the Life of the Church (Please sign the attendance pad)
The Call to Worship #624
* The Gloria Patri #9
* A Moment of Silent Prayer
* The Opening Hymns #113, 4 & 457
“We Have Come into His House” Verses 1 & 2
“Glorify Thy Name”
“Lord, Be Glorified”
* The Prayer of Invocation
The Ministry of Music
The Morning Offering and Church Projects Offering
* The Doxology and Offertory Prayer
* The Expression of Friendship
The Sharing of Joys and Concerns
* The Prayer Hymn #621
“Near to the Heart of God”
* The Time of Prayer
The Scripture Lesson Colossians 1:21-25
The Morning Message
Going the Distance With God
* The Closing Hymn #482
“I Give All to You”
* The Benediction
* Please stand if you’re able
James L. Monticue – Senior Pastor (926-4428)
Vince Show – Director of Children’s Ministries (926-2386)
Paul Tobias – Pastor Emeritus
Our Thanks to the following for their services today
Downstairs Nursery Jason and Carissa Shipley
Jr. Church Helper (8:15 Service) Stacey Hay
Jr. Church Helper (10:30 Service) Carrie Pletcher
Parking Lot Greeters Trevor Hostetter
Sunday, July 14, 2019
No Evening Worship Service
Monday, July 15, 2019
8:00 a.m. – Walk Fit Exercise
Tuesday, July 16, 2019
10:00 a.m. – Children’s Program at FC
Wednesday, July 17, 2019
8:00 a.m. – Walk Fit Exercise
7:00 p.m. – Midweek Services at FC
Youth will not be meeting until September 11.
Thursday, July 18, 2019
7:00 p.m. – Don Piper at Rockwood HS Auditorium
Friday, July 19, 2019
8:00 a.m. – Walk Fit Exercise
Saturday, July 20, 2019
11:00 a.m. – Men to report to pit
1:30 p.m. – Helpers to report to kitchen
4:00 p.m. – Chicken BBQ at FC
Offerings needed weekly to balance our budget $5,435.07
Offerings received last Sunday $6,071.38
July 20 – Kingwood’s Chicken BBQ – 4:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Cost is $9.00 – Tickets are available from Gerald Dumbauld, Marty Duppstadt, Carey Beth King and Cary Phillippi. Donations are needed for the BBQ – Baked Beans, Cookies, Pickles, Soda Pop and Water. Sign up in the vestibule. If you have questions, contact Cheryl Pletcher – 926-4849 or Melanie Monticue – 926-4428.
There will be a congregational meeting after each. Morning Worship Service on July 28th to vote on replacing the gym floor at the Fellowship Center and on painting the sanctuary. A sample of the proposed material for the floor may be seen in front of the Church mailboxes.
Anyone wishing to follow the Lord in Christian Baptism should let Pastor Jim know as soon as possible. Baptism will be held at the Church Camp on Camp Day. (September 15th)
The Children will not be meeting on Tuesday morning, July 23, since there’s VBS that evening.
The Helping Hands Ministry encourages you to send some “sunshine” (i.e., a card) to let them know that we are thinking of them and are keeping them in our prayers.
Helen King Louise Kreger
c/o Meadowview c/o Meadowview
1404 Hay St. 1404 Hay St.
Berlin, Pa 15530 Berlin, Pa 15530
If you have signed up to attend the Mt. Playhouse on 8/16, please try to pay Barbara Pletcher for your tickets by 7/21. Cost is $37.00 each and checks can be made to KCOG Super Seniors. There are still a few tickets left – see Peggie Ream.
It’s time to start looking for items for the 10th Annual Applefest Auction. Only new, used items in excellent condition, handmade or antique items will be accepted.
If you are still interested in assisting Heather and Emma with their mission trip, here is your chance! They have been asked to bring small toys to hand out at the end of Vacation Bible School. Small items such as toy cars, dolls, jump ropes, or any items that would be easily packed are appreciated. In addition, they will be putting together care packages for prison inmates. They are in need of basic hygiene items such as skin care, lotions, shampoos, soaps, small towels, toothpaste, toothbrushes, flip flops, pocket combs, etc. There will be a box in the vestibule for items. If you are not interested in shopping but would like to help out, you can also make a monetary donation. Please drop donations by evening of July 21st so that they can be packed and prepped for Peru!
Flea Market/ craft sale/bake sale at Fellowship Center on August 3. Tables are available to all ,including the public for $10 for an 8 ft table and space. Calling all church Bakers for your support. We’re hoping for a great profit from baked goods to put toward air conditioning at the Fellowship Center. Pies, cookies, cookie bars, zucchini and pumpkin breads, gobs, gob cake, pumpkin roll, brownies, fudge and more are all appreciated. See Georgiann for table reservations. See Amy Moore or Debbie Ogline with any questions.
July 21-25 – VBS at FC from 6:00p.m. – 8:15 p.m. – There is a sign up sheet in the vestibule to register the kids who will be attending and anyone willing to volunteer. Supper will be offered at 5:30 on Monday through Thursday.
* There is an unstaffed nursery for babies located on the same floor as the sanctuary that may be used at any time.
* For the 10:30 Worship Service, we have a staffed nursery downstairs in room 1 for children up through the age of 3.
* Feel free to use the downstairs nursery even if it is not staffed.
* Both nurseries have a closed circuit TV through which you can watch the worship service.
Jr. Church (8:15 & 10:30 Worship Services)
* We offer a Jr. Church program during both morning worship services downstairs in the social room for children age 3 up to and including 6th grade.
Should my 3 year-old be in the nursery or Jr. Church?
* If your child is going to turn 4 before September 1st, your child should be in Jr. Church.
* If your child is going to turn 4 on or after September 1st, your child should be in the nursery until the first Sunday in September of this year.
* If you would like your 3 year-old to be in Jr. Church before he/she is supposed to be in Jr. Church, then you need to stay with your child during Jr. Church each Sunday until a leader says it is okay to leave.
Sunday School (9:30)
* We have classes for children (beginning when they are old enough to walk), youth, and adults. If your child is not old enough to walk, feel free to take him/her with you to your class. For more info, please see either the Sunday School brochure or the Welcome Packet. They are located in the pew rack and on a table in the hallway.
Want to know more about our church?
* There are folders with more info about our church in the racks of each pew. Please take one home with you and check it out.