To print or download the bulletin, click date link below. When finished, click on the back arrow on the top left of your screen to return to the Church of God site.
October 17, 2021
The Words of Welcome
Items in the Life of the Church (Please sign the attendance pad)
The Call to Worship #703
* The Gloria Patri #9
* A Moment of Silent Prayer
* The Opening Hymn #51
“Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing”
* The Prayer of Invocation
The Ministry of Music
The Morning Offering
* The Doxology and Offertory Prayer
* The Expression of Friendship
The Sharing of Joys and Concerns
* The Prayer Hymn #754
“God of the Ages”
* The Time of Prayer
The Scripture Lesson Proverbs 19:21
The Morning Message Jacob & Hayley Day
* The Closing Hymn #708
“Bring Them In”
* The Benediction
* The Postlude
* Please stand, if you are able
James L. Monticue – Senior Pastor (926-4428)
Vince Show – Director of Children’s Ministries (926-2386)
Carey Beth King – Secretary (233-0053)
Our Thanks to the following for their services today
Downstairs Nursery Kari Geary
Jr. Church Helper (8:15 Service) Kaitlyn King
Jr. Church Helper (10:30 Service) Sue Stahl
Sunday, October 17, 2021
Welcome Jacob and Hayley Day
11:00 a.m. – New Centerville Fire Department Chicken BBQ Fundraiser for Joey Stevanus
Monday, October 18, 2021
8:00 a.m. – Walk Fit Exercise
Wednesday, October 20, 2021
8:00 a.m. – Walk Fit Exercise
7:00 p.m. – Midweek Service at FC
Friday, October 22, 2021
8:00 a.m. – Walk Fit Exercise
Offerings needed weekly to balance our budget – $5,599.37
Offerings received last Sunday – $4,739.35
Church Projects Offerings – $545.70
Last Sunday’s Attendance – 132
Last Sunday’s SS Attendance – 72
This year for our Veterans Day program we will be having a mini concert during Sunday school and I hear we may have a special speaker from the past joining us for both services. This will be one Sunday you won’t want to miss!
The Helping Hands Ministry encourages you to send some “sunshine” (i.e., a card) to let them know that we are thinking of them and are keeping them in our prayers.
958 Fort Hill Rd.
Fort Hill, PA 15540
397 Chippewa Rd.
Somerset, PA 15501
Focused Prayer Needs – Incoming Staff, Emily Brougher, Joey Stevanus and Jamie Tressler
Texts and subjects for our Advent booklet are in the hallway. This year’s theme is “Our Christmas Gifts to God: God is glorified when I or others . . . “Please submit to Pastor Jim by 11/7. Preferred method is email to email@example.com.
October is Pastor Appreciation month and the Pastor Appreciation Committee suggests letting our pastors know you care. This year is special, since it will be both of our pastor’s last year. We’d like to honor them in recognition of the difference they’ve made in the lives of so many as Pastor, Teacher, Mentor and Friend. Also, for their dedication and commitment to our church and community. We are truly a blessed congregation to have had these amazing men for so many years.
There will be a Women’s Book Study on the book “Hidden Christmas” by Timothy Keller. What a great time of year to delve into the Christmas Story and gain a fresh appreciation for Christ! This 6-week study will be held Tuesday mornings from 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. in the Church Library, from November 9th – December 14th. The cost of the book is $5. If you would like to join the Study please sign the sheet in the hallway. The last day to sign up is October 31st. To turn in the cost of your book or if you have any questions, please see Hillary Whaley (814-352-3081). If you would like to join the Study in reading the book, but cannot make it to the Tuesday morning meeting, you are welcome to do so!
November 5-7 – Youth Fall Retreat @ Camp Sonrise Mountain (For Grades 6 – Graduating Senior) Cost is $55. Registration Forms are in the Church Vestibule. (Register by October 29)
Thank you for all the cards and well wishes in celebration of our 50th anniversary.
Dean & Nancy Hay
This year the church plans to collect specific items each month for Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes. Items for October are:
Our Somerset County Operation Christmas Child Team is looking for volunteers to assist with prep work for shoeboxes, a packing party and National Drop Off Week.
If you need volunteer/community hours, contact Stacey Hay at (814) 926-6321 to set up times you can be of service. We are looking for individuals, youth groups, churches, Boy Scouts, and Girl Scouts and we will sign off on paperwork for your volunteer/community hours.
Area Coordinator: Mindy Singo (814) 926-6171
Logistics Coordinator: Stacey Hay (814) 926-6321
Shoebox prep work at the Kingwood Fellowship Center
November 9, 2021 from 6:30 – 8:00 PM
November 11, 2021 from 6:30 – 8:00PM
November 12, 2021 from 6:30 – 10:00PM
Shoebox Packing Party, November 13, 2021 from 10:00AM – 3:00PM at the Kingwood Fellowship Center
National Drop Off Hours at the Kingwood Fellowship Center
Monday 11/15/21 10AM – 2PM
Tuesday 11/16/21 10AM – 2PM
Wednesday 11/17/21 10AM – 2PM 630PM – 8PM
Thursday 11/18/21 10AM – 2PM 5PM – 7PM
Friday 11/19/21 10AM – 2PM 5PM – 7PM
Saturday 11/20/21 8AM – 2PM
Sunday 11/21/21 1PM – 4PM
Monday 11/22/21 8AM – 11AM
* There is an unstaffed nursery for babies located on the same floor as the sanctuary that may be used at any time.
* For the 10:30 Worship Service, we have a staffed nursery downstairs in room 1 for children up through the age of 3.
* Feel free to use the downstairs nursery even if it is not staffed.
* Both nurseries have a closed circuit TV through which you can watch the worship service.
Jr. Church (8:15 & 10:30 Worship Services)
* We offer a Jr. Church program during both morning worship services downstairs in the social room for children age 3 up to and including 6th grade.
Should my 3 year-old be in the nursery or Jr. Church?
* If your child is going to turn 4 before September 1st, your child should be in Jr. Church.
* If your child is going to turn 4 on or after September 1st, your child should be in the nursery until the first Sunday in September of this year.
* If you would like your 3 year-old to be in Jr. Church before he/she is supposed to be in Jr. Church, then you need to stay with your child during Jr. Church each Sunday until a leader says it is okay to leave.
Sunday School (9:30)
* We have classes for children (beginning when they are old enough to walk), youth, and adults. If your child is not old enough to walk, feel free to take him/her with you to your class. For more info, please see either the Sunday School brochure or the Welcome Packet. They are located in the pew rack and on a table in the hallway.
Want to know more about our church?
* There are folders with more info about our church in the racks of each pew. Please take one home with you and check it out.