To print or download, click below. When finished, click on the back arrow on the top left of your screen to return to the Church of God site.
May 19, 2019
The Words of Welcome
Items in the Life of the Church (Please sign the attendance pad)
The Call to Worship #98
* The Gloria Patri #9
* A Moment of Silent Prayer
* The Opening Hymn #156
“We Will Glorify”
* The Prayer of Invocation
The Ministry of Music
The Morning Offering
* The Doxology and Offertory Prayer
* The Expression of Friendship
The Sharing of Joys and Concerns
* The Prayer Hymn #626
* The Time of Prayer
The Scripture Lesson John 9:35-41
The Morning Message
Turning A Blind Eye
Pastor Brandon Kelly
* The Closing Hymn #36
“To God Be the Glory”
* The Benediction
* Please stand if you’re able
James L. Monticue – Senior Pastor (926-4428)
Vince Show – Director of Children’s Ministries (926-2386)
Paul Tobias – Pastor Emeritus
Our Thanks to the following for their services today
Jr. Church Helper (8:15 Service) Natalie King
Jr. Church Helper (10:30 Service) Joanna King
Parking Lot Greeters Jake and Jean Gary
Sunday, May 19, 2019
No Evening Worship Service
Monday, May 20, 2019
8:00 a.m. – Walk Fit Exercise
Wednesday, May 22, 2019
8:00 a.m. – Walk Fit Exercise
7:00 p.m. – Midweek Services
Friday, May 24, 2019
8:00 a.m. – Walk Fit Exercise
Sunday, May 26, 2019
Communion at both Morning Worship Services
Offerings needed weekly to balance our budget $5,435.07
Offerings received last Sunday $5,506.75
Church Projects Offerings $649.00
We welcome this morning’s guest speaker, Brandon Kelly from the General Conference Office, soon to be Sr. Pastor of College First Church of God in Findlay.
May 27 at 11:00 a.m. – Memorial Day Service at New Centerville Cemetery
May 30 at 7:00 p.m. – Ascension Day Service at Mt. Union
June 2 – The Keystone State Quartet will be with us for both Morning Worship Services
June 5 at 7:00 p.m. – Baccalaureate service at Rockwood High School
35 Jesus heard that they had thrown him out, and when he found him, he said, “Do you believe in the Son of Man?”
36 “Who is he, sir?” the man asked. “Tell me so that I may believe in him.”
37 Jesus said, “You have now seen him; in fact, he is the one speaking with you.”
38 Then the man said, “Lord, I believe,” and he worshiped him.
39 Jesus said, “For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind.”
40 Some Pharisees who were with him heard him say this and asked, “What? Are we blind too?”
41 Jesus said, “If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains. (NIV)
The Helping Hands Ministry encourages you to send some “sunshine” (i.e., a card) to let them know that we are thinking of them and are keeping them in our prayers.
Eileen Harrold Kristena Moore
c/o The Patriot c/o The Patriot
495 W Patriot St. 495 W Patriot St.
Somerset, Pa 15501 Somerset, Pa 15501
Super Seniors are planning a trip to the Mt. Playhouse on August 16, 2019. Details and sign up in the vestibule.
Women’s Bible Study is looking for two (2) teachers for upcoming fall studies! One evening and one morning leader, if possible. Having additional teachers allows us to keep class sizes small to promote connection and discussion. It also allows us to offer more women an opportunity to join! Please talk with Karey Vough for more information: (814)969-2817 cell or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senator Pat Stefano will be hosting his Annual Senior Expo on Friday, May 31, from 10:00 a.m. to noon at St. Paul’s Presbyterian Church in Somerset. The expo will host many different non-profits as well as government agencies that provide different services to area senior citizens. There is no admission cost to attend this event.
Camp Applications are here! There is a sign-up sheet in the hallway. Please sign for any you take and indicate if it is for you or a friend. Please be aware that there are 3 sheets that you will need. An Application that needs filled out front and back, a Medical Form that must be submitted with the application and an Informational Sheet for parents.
Some Financial Information about the Camping Program
- Kingwood COG will pay the camp fee ($175) for any first- time camper you invite.
- Sunday School pays the camp fee ($175) for members of the Sunday School or Wednesday Evening Program.
- All campers are responsible for the registration fee.
6-6-20 – Sight & Sound Trip to see “Esther”
Bird-in-hand restaurant smorgasbord lunch
Bus pick-up at New Centerville COG
$165.00 Ages 12 & up — $112.00 Ages 4-11
Call Margie Mull at 926-3439
* There is an unstaffed nursery for babies located on the same floor as the sanctuary that may be used at any time.
* For the 10:30 Worship Service, we have a staffed nursery downstairs in room 1 for children up through the age of 3.
* Feel free to use the downstairs nursery even if it is not staffed.
* Both nurseries have a closed circuit TV through which you can watch the worship service.
Jr. Church (8:15 & 10:30 Worship Services)
* We offer a Jr. Church program during both morning worship services downstairs in the social room for children age 3 up to and including 6th grade.
Should my 3 year-old be in the nursery or Jr. Church?
* If your child is going to turn 4 before September 1st, your child should be in Jr. Church.
* If your child is going to turn 4 on or after September 1st, your child should be in the nursery until the first Sunday in September of this year.
* If you would like your 3 year-old to be in Jr. Church before he/she is supposed to be in Jr. Church, then you need to stay with your child during Jr. Church each Sunday until a leader says it is okay to leave.
Sunday School (9:30)
* We have classes for children (beginning when they are old enough to walk), youth, and adults. If your child is not old enough to walk, feel free to take him/her with you to your class. For more info, please see either the Sunday School brochure or the Welcome Packet. They are located in the pew rack and on a table in the hallway.
Want to know more about our church?
* There are folders with more info about our church in the racks of each pew. Please take one home with you and check it out.