To print or download the bulletin, click date link below. When finished, click on the back arrow on the top left of your screen to return to the Church of God site.
September 15, 2019
The Words of Welcome
Items in the Life of the Church (Please sign the attendance pad)
The Call to Worship #441
* The Gloria Patri #9
* A Moment of Silent Prayer
* The Opening Hymn #85
* The Prayer of Invocation
The Ministry of Music
The Morning Offering
* The Doxology and Offertory Prayer
* The Expression of Friendship
The Sharing of Joys and Concerns
* The Prayer Hymn #457
“Lord, Be Glorified”
* The Time of Prayer
The Scripture Lesson Matthew 3
The Morning Message
The Blessing of Baptism
* The Closing Hymn #437
”Trust and Obey”
* The Benediction
* The Postlude
* Please stand if you’re able
James L. Monticue – Senior Pastor (926-4428)
Vince Show – Director of Children’s Ministries (926-2386)
Paul Tobias – Pastor Emeritus
Our Thanks to the following for their services today
Parking Lot Greeter Dan Weaver
Sunday, September 15, 2019
8:15 a.m. – Early Worship Service at the Church
10:00 a.m. – Sunday School at Camp Sonrise Mountain
11:00 a.m. – Worship Service at Camp Sonrise Mountain
12:00 p.m. – Lunch – Followed by an afternoon of activities
Monday, September 16, 2019
8:00 a.m. – Walk Fit Exercise
Tuesday, September 17, 2019
8:00 a.m. – Apple Dumpling Assembly at FC
Wednesday, September 18, 2019
8:00 a.m. – Walk Fit Exercise
10:00 a.m. – Fervent Bible Study at Heather Houghton’s
7:00 p.m. – Midweek Services
Friday, September 20, 2019
8:00 a.m. – Walk Fit Exercise
7:45 p.m. – Outdoor Movie for Youth at Church
Sunday, September 22, 2019
11:30 a.m. – Pork Lunch at FC to benefit Rockwood Veteran’s Memorial and Community Park
Offerings needed weekly to balance our budget $5,435.07
Offerings received last Sunday $5,548.80
Church Projects Offerings $538.00
Being baptized today are: Heather Marie Hostetter, Heather Wood Ream, Gianna Marie Rosman, Chloe Elizabeth Jian Weaver and Alexander Xavier Younkin. Susan Anne Stahl was baptized last Sunday in Laurel Hill Creek.
Women’s Fall Bible Study: Judges – 8 week study beginning October 1st at 7:00 p.m. at FC. Please sign up and pick up reading schedule on tables in entrance area to sanctuary. Can’t wait to see you there! Questions? Call/Text Karey Vough at (814)969-2817.
Outdoor Movie for Youth: We are showing the movie God’s Not Dead 2 on Friday, September 20, at 7:45 p.m. on the outdoor screen at the church. All youth (6th – 12th grade) are invited! Popcorn and drinks provided! If the weather is not suitable for an outdoor movie, we will show it in the church’s social room. The movie should end around 9:45 p.m. Contact Pastor Vince if you need more info.
Saturday, Oct. 12th 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. at FC – Shoebox recipient, Livia Young from Romania, will be speaking on her experience.
Sunday, October 13th 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Sunday Lunch at FC
Saturday, October 19th 4:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. – Buckwheat Cake Supper
Sunday October 27th “Bring Your Tractor to Church” Sunday – Dr. Dave Draper will be our guest speaker.
Sunday, October 27 at 2:00 p.m. – Seldom Scene Players at FC
The Helping Hands Ministry encourages you to send some “sunshine” (i.e., a card) to let them know that we are thinking of them and are keeping them in our prayers.
Leonard & Faye Compton
c/o Rest Assured
137 Shirley’s Hollow Rd
Meyersdale, Pa 15552
Our Missionaries’ Birthdays and Anniversaries
Caleb & Christina Acosta Anniv. – Sept 22nd
It’s time to start looking for items for the 10th Annual Applefest Auction. Only new, used items in excellent condition, handmade or antique items will be accepted. Please start bringing your non-perishable items for the Applefest Auction to the tables in the church vestibule for display. Auction starts at 3:00 p.m. on September 28.
We will be taking preorders for soup and baked and unbaked apple dumplings for Applefest. Sign up in the vestibule. Last day to order is September 22.
The Camp Sonrise Mountain Annual Golf Tournament will be held on Saturday, September 28th at Glengarry Golf Course in Latrobe with an 8:00 am shotgun start – $340 per foursome. Registration forms will be available on the Camp’s Facebook page, website and at various churches.
Women’s book study to begin on Sept. 18th at 10:00 a.m. We will be reading “Fervent” by Priscilla Shirer. This book is a hands-on, knees-down, never-give-up action guide to practical and purposeful prayer! We would love to have you join us! Call Heather at 289-9760 for details.
Global Missions Committee will meet on Sept. 29th after 2nd service in the library. Everyone is welcome to offer input and share ideas! Stop in to see what we are planning!
The Rockwood Veteran’s Memorial and Community Park will be having a pork dinner at the Fellowship Center on Sunday, Sept. 22 from 11:30-1:30. Anyone interested in volunteering to help serve the dinner, please sign up on the list in the vestibule. Thank you for supporting this worthy cause!
* There is an unstaffed nursery for babies located on the same floor as the sanctuary that may be used at any time.
* For the 10:30 Worship Service, we have a staffed nursery downstairs in room 1 for children up through the age of 3.
* Feel free to use the downstairs nursery even if it is not staffed.
* Both nurseries have a closed circuit TV through which you can watch the worship service.
Jr. Church (8:15 & 10:30 Worship Services)
* We offer a Jr. Church program during both morning worship services downstairs in the social room for children age 3 up to and including 6th grade.
Should my 3 year-old be in the nursery or Jr. Church?
* If your child is going to turn 4 before September 1st, your child should be in Jr. Church.
* If your child is going to turn 4 on or after September 1st, your child should be in the nursery until the first Sunday in September of this year.
* If you would like your 3 year-old to be in Jr. Church before he/she is supposed to be in Jr. Church, then you need to stay with your child during Jr. Church each Sunday until a leader says it is okay to leave.
Sunday School (9:30)
* We have classes for children (beginning when they are old enough to walk), youth, and adults. If your child is not old enough to walk, feel free to take him/her with you to your class. For more info, please see either the Sunday School brochure or the Welcome Packet. They are located in the pew rack and on a table in the hallway.
Want to know more about our church?
* There are folders with more info about our church in the racks of each pew. Please take one home with you and check it out.