To print or download the bulletin, click date link below. When finished, click on the back arrow on the top left of your screen to return to the Church of God site.
November 1, 2020
The Words of Welcome
Items in the Life of the Church (Please sign the attendance pad)
The Call to Worship
* The Gloria Patri
* A Moment of Silent Prayer
* The Opening Hymn
“Great Is the Lord”
* The Prayer of Invocation
The Ministry of Music
The Sharing of Joys and Concerns
* The Prayer Hymn
“Be Still and Know”
The Mission Moment
* The Time of Prayer
The Scripture Lesson I Peter 2:11-17
The Morning Message
Being A Good Citizen
* The Closing Hymn
“If My People Will Pray”
* The Benediction
* The Postlude
* Please stand, if you are able
James L. Monticue – Senior Pastor (926-4428)
Vince Show – Director of Children’s Ministries (926-2386)
Carey Beth King – Secretary (233-0053)
Our Thanks to the following for their services today
Downstairs Nursery Brandy Rogers
Jr. Church Helper (8:15 Service) Jenn Gross
Jr. Church Helper (10:30 Service) Sue Stahl
Sunday, November 1, 2020
11:30 a.m. – Mission Committee Prayer Session
Monday, November 2, 2020
8:00 a.m. – Walk Fit Exercise
7:00 p.m. – Trustee Meeting
7:30 p.m. – Council Meeting
Tuesday, November 3, 2020
10:00 a.m. – Women’s Bible Study at Church
Wednesday, November 4, 2020
8:00 a.m. – Walk Fit Exercise
5:30 p.m. – Kids Meeting at the Church – Shoebox Shopping
7:00 p.m. – Midweek Services at the FC – Adults & Youth
Thursday, November 5, 2020
7:00 p.m. – Women’s Bible Study at FC
Friday, November 6, 2020
8:00 a.m. – Walk Fit Exercise
Sunday, November 8, 2020
8:15 a.m. – Services Honoring Our Veterans – Kirk Moore will 10:30 a.m. – be our guest speaker.
3:00 p.m. – Secret Sister Meeting at Church
7:00 p.m. – Annual Congregational Meeting
Offerings needed weekly to balance our budget $5,599.37
Offerings received last Sunday $5,263.80
We are in need of a teacher for the 1st and 2nd grade Sunday School Class. Please see Kurt Miller if you’d be willing to help.
The Helping Hands Ministry encourages you to send some “sunshine” (i.e., a card) to let them know that we are thinking of them and are keeping them in our prayers.
Paul & Juanita Hall
6325 N. 74th St.
Scottsdale, AZ 85250
Alan & Marijka Tubbs
620 White Oak St.
Rockwood, PA 15557
November birthdays for prayer need list: Dorla Ortman 11/11 and Kristena Moore 11/17
November 8 – 7:00 p.m. – Annual Congregational Meeting
The Helping Hands Ministry is collecting donations for the Help an Angel in Shelter program that cares for the women and children in our domestic violence shelter. 100% of your donation goes to those women and children currently residing in our area shelter for Christmas. Please help make Christmas more bearable for these dear ones this year. There is a donation box in front of the Helping Hands board in the hall. Thank you for your amazing support of this local ministry to some of the most vulnerable and heartbroken individuals in our communities. God bless you as you share the love of Christ with them.
ATTN: SECRET SISTERS!!!
You do not need to bring a dessert to our Dessert meeting on November 8th at 3:00 p.m. down in the church social room. Dessert will be provided! Please just bring yourselves, your suggestions about future secret sister functions and your present for your current secret sister. ALL WOMEN IN THE CHURCH are invited! Please sign up by this Sunday, November 1st so we will be adequately prepared for dessert! Thank you and hope to see you all there.
Scripture texts and topics for this year’s Advent Devotional are on the table in the hallway. This year’s theme is “The Gifts of Christmas” Please have your devotional to Pastor Jim by November 15. His email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have email please place it in his church mailbox.
ATTENTION!! WE NEED YOUR HELP! The Shoebox Ministries is in need of monetary donations to cover the cost of the shipping for the boxes packed from item donations to our church. Their goal this year is to pack 300-400 boxes and the recommended shipping donation for each box is $9. This $9 helps to cover the cost of shipping as well as offset the cost of the 12 week Greatest Journey Bible Lesson that is placed in each box. Prayerfully consider helping Shoebox Ministries reach their goal of $3200 for these boxes. Your donation will help get the message of salvation into the hands of so many youth! There is a container in the vestibule to place your donation. Questions? See Kurt Miller or Heather Ream We received $590 last week. Thank you for donating. We still have some more to go to reach our goal.
Reminder that today is the first prayer session for our Global Reach Missionaries! Please plan to stay after the second worship service for a time of intentional prayer for our Missionaries. Thank you!
The children’s Christmas play will be on Sunday evening, December 20th. Anyone that is interested in signing up their children 7th grade and under, there is a sign up sheet in the vestibule. Practices will start after church on November 29th. Contact Heather Ream or Stacey Rosman with any questions. Thank you!
Mt. Pleasant COG is hosting a Gifts of Hope fair trade shopping event. Please see information about it on the table in the vestibule.
* There is an unstaffed nursery for babies located on the same floor as the sanctuary that may be used at any time.
* For the 10:30 Worship Service, we have a staffed nursery downstairs in room 1 for children up through the age of 3.
* Feel free to use the downstairs nursery even if it is not staffed.
* Both nurseries have a closed circuit TV through which you can watch the worship service.
Jr. Church (8:15 & 10:30 Worship Services)
* We offer a Jr. Church program during both morning worship services downstairs in the social room for children age 3 up to and including 6th grade.
Should my 3 year-old be in the nursery or Jr. Church?
* If your child is going to turn 4 before September 1st, your child should be in Jr. Church.
* If your child is going to turn 4 on or after September 1st, your child should be in the nursery until the first Sunday in September of this year.
* If you would like your 3 year-old to be in Jr. Church before he/she is supposed to be in Jr. Church, then you need to stay with your child during Jr. Church each Sunday until a leader says it is okay to leave.
Sunday School (9:30)
* We have classes for children (beginning when they are old enough to walk), youth, and adults. If your child is not old enough to walk, feel free to take him/her with you to your class. For more info, please see either the Sunday School brochure or the Welcome Packet. They are located in the pew rack and on a table in the hallway.
Want to know more about our church?
* There are folders with more info about our church in the racks of each pew. Please take one home with you and check it out.